Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 180g of spaghetti
- 500 clams
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150ml white wine
- Parsley leaves and stalks
- 3 tbsp of olive oil, plus extra for drizzle
- Soak your clams for 20 minutes in cold water, scrubbing off any extra sand at the end. Make sure to throw out any clams that have opened or are damaged. Drain and keep in the fridge.
- After soaking clams, get started with the pasta by bringing water in a big pan to boil and cooking your pasta as per pack instructions
- While your pasta cooks, prepare the sauce with clams. Heat olive oil in another large pan and cook adding garlic for a minute to infuse with flavours.
- Pour in your clams and splash the white wine in. Put on a lid and let the clams steam for about 5 minutes, or until they have all opened up.
- Add pasta to a pan of heavily salted water. Cook pasta until cooked al dente (around 2-3 minutes). Drain, but save some of the pasta water.
- Take the lid off clams when they are cooked, and add in the Fettuccine along with the pasta water. Stir through the parsley, lemon juice and zest.
- Make sure all the pasta is covered with the sauce, then drizzle with a large glug of extra virgin olive oil.
- Eat immediately. Enjoy!