Serving size: 2 people
- 200g of tuna loin from Henderson
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 thumb size of fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 avocado
- 4 small bread slices, toasted
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Tabasco (optional)
- Start by finely chopping your shallots and place in a bowl
- Peel the ginger and grate on top of the shallots
- Cut your tuna in 4cm size cubes and add to the bowl
- Drizzle with the olive oil and juice of your lime
- Add 2 pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gently toss the whole mixture making sure the tuna is well coated in the lime juice and olive oil. Cover your bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30minutes to let your tuna marinate
- In the mean time, prepare your avocado. Cut it in 4cm size cubes and placing them in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and salt to taste. Mix and set aside.
- When ready, take your tuna tartare from the fridge. Place half the avocado on a plate and top with half the tuna tartare making a nice round shape, then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. Repeat the process on a second plate with the rest of the avocado and tuna tartare, sprinkling with sesame seeds again.
- Serve with your toasted bread and sprinkle some tabasco before every mouthful for an extra spicy kick.