Serving size: 2 people
- 1-2 fresh lobsters (400g per person, see our portion guide here)
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mixed salad greens
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Trout roe (optional)
- Boil the lobsters in a large pot of salted water for about 10 minutes or until they turn bright red. Not sure how to cook it? We've got a video here. Remove the lobsters from the pot and let them cool.
- Once cooled, remove the meat from the lobsters and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl. Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Toss the salad greens in the vinaigrette until well coated and plate. Top with the lobster and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle edible flowers and if you feel extra fancy, top the lobster with a teaspoon of trout roe.
Pro Tip: For the best flavour, use fresh lobster and squeeze the lemon juice just before preparing the vinaigrette. Serve with a fresh tomato and avocado salad. The acidity of the tomato pairs well with the rich taste of the lobster and creamy flavours of the avocado, creating a balanced and satisfying meal.