Serving size: 2 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 10 large hand-dived scallops
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the tapenade, combine the Kalamata olives, capers, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until chopped into small chunks. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture becomes a coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and sear on each side for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Spoon the tapenade on a plate and top with the scallops. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the parsley leaves.
Pro Tip: For the best results, make sure the scallops are dry before searing them. This will ensure a nice, golden crust. A light citrusy salad and a slice of toasted sourdough bread are great sides to balance out the richness of the scallops and tapenade.