Serving size: 2 people
- 200g of frozen prawns (always handy to have in the freezer) or smoked prawns (for a fancy twist) or fresh prawns from Henderson
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce and tomatoes
For the green fiery sauce
- 1 fresh green chilli, halved, deseeded, chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Make the sauce by placing the chilli, parsley, garlic clove and one tablespoon of olive oil in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Keep processing and add the lemon juice and remaining oil in a thin, steady stream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Clean the prawns and remove the shells. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. Cook until the olive oil becomes fragrant without letting the garlic brown
- Add the prawns to the pan and cook until they just turn pink to avoid overcooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the prawns cook, butter the bread slices and toast them in a toaster or griddle.
- Once the bread is toasted, assemble the sandwich with the prawns, lettuce, tomatoes and green sauce
Pro Tip: For the best results, use fresh prawns and high-quality bread for the sandwich. The freshness of the prawns will enhance the flavour of the dish and the bread quality will affect the texture of the sandwich. Serve with a fresh green salad to complement the rich flavours of the prawn sandwich, providing a balanced meal. A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing would be perfect.